I remember hunkering down for the first time with my husband…no toddler. Tropical Storm Barry is headed this way. Not only are we stuck inside, we are hunkering down with a toddler. A toddler who just had his tonsils and adenoids removed yesterday.
We have the essentials. Wine, beer and champagne. What do you do when you are hunkering down for a Tropical Storm with a toddler? Before Mojo, we just ummmm slept. Well, that ain’t happening this time. The iPads and phones are charged. He’s probably eaten 50 popsicles. He’s watched Paw Patrol for about 6 hours straight. I’m about ready to call Ryder my damn self.
What do you do with a toddler?
1. Pull out a coloring book.
2. Build a fort. That’s his idea.
3. Race cars up and down the hallway.
4. Practice sight words. Grandma’s idea.
5. Read a book. That’s cousin Kemba’s idea.
6. Take a nap. That’s daddy’s idea.
7. Play games on the iPad until it dies.
8. Watch Toy Story 1, 2 and 3.
9. Play hide and go seek. That’s my idea.
It’s all good until the power goes out. Then what do we do when Tropical Storm Barry gets here?