Income tax season has come and gone. I have a CPA who handles my taxes and he always reminds me of how much I hate to file them. The spreadsheets jog my memory of not only how much I’ve earned, but of how much I’ve spent. I can’t think of anyone that I know, besides the accountants, who actually like tax season.
In addition to justifying my sentiments, especially with the new administration, this tax season made me realize something. I can’t afford it. I can’t afford to waste my energy. Have you ever heard the saying “If it costs you your peace, it’s too expensive?” I can not afford to waste my time. Time is Money! Time is something you cannot get back! Think about it. What are some things that you can stop doing today that are wasting your time? If you can’t think of any, I’ve complied a list for you!
- Doing things that I absolutely hate to do.
- Worrying about the things that might happen or go wrong.
- Hitting the snooze button 5 times.
- Spending time with the wrong people.
- Attending events out of obligation.
- Scheduling or attending a meeting that could have been an email.
- Arguing with someone online.
- Social Media.
- Going to the grocery store without a list.
- Leaving a voicemail.
- Calling someone instead of sending a text.
How many of these are you guilty of? Can you think of any others? Leave some in the comments!