Let’s talk about water. I received a notice in the mail from Sewerage & Water Board about the quality of the drinking water on the Westbank! It said it didn’t meet the minimum TOC reduction required by the Louisiana Sanitary Code. WTF does that even mean? Thank goodness I don’t drink tap water! I asked my Bous about the type of water that they drink. The choices given were Spring, Purified, Alkaline and Sparkling. Which one do you think was the most common? Which is the best? I can say that I always purchased Spring water because I assumed that it was. I think that I’m wrong. I also discovered the most expensive bottled water! Here are a few facts about bottled water.
1. Plastic bottles do not contain BPA. I know there is lots of talk about not drinking out of plastic bottles and to use glass instead. It’s also not recommended to drink water out of bottles left in a hot car. I’ve seen some really nice water bottles…I even have a few.
2. Sparkling water is the water that has undergone carbonation. Sparkling water may be spring water, purified water or even mineral water, upon addition of carbon dioxide, it becomes sparkling water. My favorite Sparkling Water is La Croix.
3. Spring water contains many of the same impurities found in well or tap water. I thought that Spring was the best!
4. Purified water goes through a long filtration process which includes reverse osmosis, distillation, or deionization. This is actually the purest water! This just saved me some coins!
5. Alkaline water is water that’s less acidic than regular tap water. Pure water has a pH level close to 7. Alkaline water has a pH above 7. Next time you get a bottle of Alkaline water, look at the pH on it. There are numerous health claims associated with alkaline water. At this time, there is no data to support most of these claims. I still buy it though!
6. The most expensive bottle of water is the Beverly Hills 90H20 Luxy Collection Diamond Edition. It costs $100,000 a bottle!