Fall is Here! Well, technically it’s been here since September 23rd, but in New Orleans, we don’t say fall until the temperature drops! For the first time this season, I pulled out my Fall attire. That’s right. It was time for a jacket, a sweater, leggings, and a coat. So, let’s talk Fall Fashion. I LOVE Fall. You know why? Well, for a thick sista like me, I feel more comfortable. Dressing for Fall also means that I get to wear all of my favorites! Let’s talk Fall Fashion!
1. Leggings– I absolutely LOVE leggings! If I had the choice, I would wear them every single day. PSA: Leggings and Tights are NOT the same thing Bous!
Here are my go to’s:
Spanx – hands down the most comfortable and flattering for curvy girls! Here’s the link https://www.spanx.com/leggings .They are a little pricey, but trust me, they are worth it. I have 2 pair and the quality has carried me from last year into this season. Tip: There’s usually a sale on Black Friday.
Loft- My fall weekend “uniform” is a pair of Loft leggings. This year you will see plaids, animal prints and solid colors. Here’s the link to shop Loft Leggings.
2. Cords– In the past it was difficult to find cords to fit curvy women, but Loft has me covered. For Fall, they are definitely my go to. They are perfect with booties or flats. Here’s the link for Loft Cords.
3. Velvet– It’s not Fall if you aren’t wearing Velvet right? Velvet pants. Velvet leggings. LOVE
4. Denim– I tend to wear darker denim in the fall and pair with plaid! Denim jackets are also great!
5. Joggers– Definitely a go to on the weekend errand runs. I can dress them up or down.
6. Blazers/Jackets- A timeless staple for Fall. Blazer and Jeans. Blazer and Cords.
7. Sweaters– I love chunky sweaters. They pair well with leggings and jeans of course.
8. Sweater Dresses– Perfect and comfy for curvy girls!
9. Tights- Tights are hosiery. My go to tights are the Spanx reversible ones. Here’s the link for my favorite Spanx Tights.
10. Skirts– Midi Skirts and Mini skirts are perfect for fall! I wear my skirts with tights or add a pop of color with shoes!
What are some of your favorite Fall Trends or Staples? Stay tuned for more Fall Faves!